Have you tried pickling your own onions? See our How To guide below and order your pickling onions, Vinegar & Honey with your next milk delivery.
Autumn has arrived… which means one thing…
It’s time to prep your pickled onions so they are ready for those winter evenings, and we have everything you need to prep the best pickled onions this year.
|10kg net of pickling onions
|5kg net of pickling onions
|1kg pickling onions
|5L of pickling vinegar
So whether it’s just a few jars for yourself or you’re making them for others too, we have a variety of net sizes available to order, along with the pickling vinegar.
These are all available to order online here: Onions and pickling vinegar.
And you’ll also need honey for your pickling prep and we supply that, too. You can get that here: Add Welsh Mountain Runny Honey to your order.
If you’re one of our retail customers, please get in touch for more information on pricing and availability.
How to make the perfect pickled onions
You will need:
- 1kg Pickling Onions
- 100g Salt
- 1 Litre Malt Vinegar
- 400g Black Mountain Runny Honey
- Place onions in a large heatproof bowl and poor over boiling water till all the onions are covered, once cooled remove the onions and remove tops and roots of the onions and peel.
- Place onions back in the bowl and sprinkle with salt and leave overnight.
- Rinse and dry the onions the next day with kitchen towel.
- Place vinegar and honey in a large pan and gently heat until the honey is dissolved. (DO NOT BOIL)
- Pack your onions into nice clean jars and pour over the mixture to fill the jars and cover the onions. Seal with lids and leave for 1-2 months.